Sierramotion is seeking a highly motivated individual for a position in our Engineering Group. Founded in 2019, Sierramotion is an electromechanical design and manufacturing company located in Loomis, California.
We are currently recruiting for the role of Senior Design Engineer, details on the job are below:-
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer works with Solidworks 3D CAD package creating drawings of parts or rotating machinery, primarily electric motors and high precision assemblies. The individual must follow design control guidelines and must be familiar with geometric and block tolerance methods. The job includes reviewing items designed by customers for accuracy and manufacturability as well as evaluating whether subcontractors can meet the technical aspects of the parts being fabricated. This position also includes direct design of motors, motor related parts, and a variety of mechanical assemblies. This person will also be responsible for developing manufacturing processes, process instructions, and assisting the manufacturing group with product ramp.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience working with Solidworks.
- Minimum of 5-10 years designing rotating machinery, including bearing selection and specifics of tolerances and fits of mechanical parts used in these applications.
- Thermal and mechanical FEA software experience desired.
- Machine design experience also preferred.
- Preferred experience working in a manufacturing environment for mechanical assemblies.
- Preferred basic knowledge of MRP systems and manufacturing systems and requirements for motors.
- Preferred basic understanding of customer relations and interface.
- Minimum of BS degree in engineering (mechanical or electrical) with specialization in mechanical design for rotating machinery.
- Preferred additional professional training in design engineering related topics from outside sources such as universities, standards committees, industry related organizations, CAD software suppliers.
Candidates will have good problem-solving and analytical skills and be a team-player. Must be able to communicate clearly as customer interaction will be a big portion of this role. Team interaction is also important as cross-functional teams are assigned to projects. The candidate must be able to operate in a very dynamic environment. There are many projects going on in parallel and having a good sense of direction and priority is a must. This candidate will be responsible for complete project responsibility from design, prototype, schedule, and final validation.
The Town of Loomis is a quaint, family-oriented community. Established in 1850 and incorporated in 1984, Loomis retains its rural character and charm with its large residential lots and custom homes, an old-fashioned downtown, and woodlands with natural streams and rolling hillsides.
Loomis is located along Interstate 80 in Placer County. Citizens can choose to partcipate in the hottest job market in California, shop at a variety of businesses located in and around Loomis, or spend a quiet and serene afternoon in the country side. Loomis is close to diverse recreational opportunities- the Town is only ten minutes from Folsom Lake and a little over an hour away from either Lake Tahoe or the San Francisco Bay.
For those who are looking for an alternative to the conventional subdivision and tract homes, Loomis is a wonderful place to call home.
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org